Thursday, November 28, 2019

Christmas Gift/ Donation

 Image result for clip art of christmas santa and jesus
As Christmas approaches we are reminded of the true meaning of the holiday. This year in lieu of a teacher- Christmas gift, I ask that you consider making a donation on behalf of our grade 3 class to the Ronald McDonald House.  Many of us have had personal experiences with family and/or friends suffering from illnesses. Ronald McDonald Houses bring comfort to many families of children dealing with a life-altering diagnosis. RMHC serve as a home away from home for families of seriously ill children undergoing treatment or surgery at a nearby hospital. All proceeds raised through these donations will help give families a place to eat, rest and relax just steps from their child's bedside. I have personally stayed at the Southwestern Ontario London Site and there is also a local site in Windsor by Met hospital. Please by no means feel any pressure to do this. I just thought this would be a nice way to make Christmas a little brighter for others. As I mentioned to the students, the best gift they can give me is a card with a message telling me what they like most about our class.

For those interested in donating, I will set up a link on our classroom blog or you may go to rmhccanada.  Thank you for your consideration.
Image result for clipart of ronald mcdonald house